Monday, October 12, 2015

Xandaman update! Week 8

"You're being transferred to...Belgrade 2." You're funny Elder
Kennedy. Our Zone leaders like to try and be funny all the time. They
are great. I don't know if they are getting changed yet, but at least
I know us four Belgrade elders are staying, and our District leader,
Elder DeMille is staying. His old companion, Elder Degraffenried is
now home in Provo figuring out his life.

So to continue that story from last week(I got tired of telling it
like a tv episode:)), the kid, Danny, and his mom, Lisa, are on date
for baptism in a month! I sure hope they will follow through. We are
sure keeping an eye on them.

Some good adventures this week. And older lady in our ward, sis
Pardew(who has kids in Pleasant Grove) took us to 'fiesta mexicana'.
It was pretty good. We surely enjoyed the left-overs. She told me
'when your parents come to pick you up, make sure they get some fresh
fruit near Brigham city'. I don't think it'll be the right season
though. Oh well :) We also went to Taco Bell for lunch one day with
the first ward elders. It was pretty good. Better than having peanut
butter sandwiches :)

One night I was singing kinda loud and funny. When I went upstairs,
Bro Guptill said, "what did you do down there, step on your foot?"
Haha, it was hilarious. He likes to joke around with us a lot.

We went to a baptism for two member kids Saturday. An hour before
the baptism, we noticed that no one came to start filling the bath
tub. Oh, I mean, the font:) (It looks like a large bathtub, but it
takes a while to fill up). So Elder Christensen opened the door from
the inside and we filled it up. It filled up just in time too. I'm
glad we were there to start it :)

Now, I have to tell you more about that one family that just showed up
at church. So basically, they live in the first ward, but they've been
coming to our ward until yesterday. They are back on date for baptism!
So, this family, the Robisons, are awesome. They have a small but
pretty nice house up in the northern more country part of Belgrade.
They have four kids, he's a tech wizard and she is a great cook. They
are all very smart! Bro Robison has a very amazing economy set up in
their home. The kids get 'hired' for a chore or multiple chores, they
get paid a weekly wage in 'Daddy dollars' and get to buy from the
little family shop of goodies, they have to pay for infractions
(disobedience) and can get bonuses and promotions. It's pretty tight.
I love it.

After our awesome lesson with them and us four elders, we stopped and
did some star gazing. The Milky Way is pretty clear to see. Elder Pett
has a green laser pointer too, and it's works great out here. We also
looked at a freaky statue out front of some metal shop. It looked like a
monkey with a horse head and long red hair on a motorcycle. I'm glad I
didn't have a nightmare, haha.

Last night Bro. Teters (another awesome guy in our ward) invited us to
speak at a little single adult fireside. I didn't think we would
almost out number them. So, us four Belgrade elders spoke and
testified about missionary work in the latter days. As we shared
thoughts and stories and discussed this dispensation, it felt good.
Feeling the spirit is indescribably satisfying. How could you not want
to feel that every day? I don't see why we couldn't have a spiritual
experience everyday. Try it out. You can have a spiritual experience
everyday when you prayerfully strive to get your soul questions
answered, especially through the scriptures and the words of the
prophets.

Honestly, I didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm loving it out
here. Being a missionary isn't bad, as long as you keep busy and be
obedient. I can't sit around and not do anything anymore, because if I
do, I feel a heavy feeling of time being wasted. I want to keep that
feeling. Don't let the time pass by. This time on earth is a
probationary time to prepare to meet God. Always remember that.
"I'd like to 'bear' my testimony."


May the spirit be with you




No comments:

Post a Comment