Monday, July 4, 2016

Wylie coyote update: back in big sky

Oh, how great it is to be back in big sky country! Up here in the
Rocky Mountains, there are some great sights and lots of interesting
people. It was a little sad to say goodbye to Worland and its
wonderful inhabitants, but the sisters that replaced us should take
good care of them :)

It was a long drive across the mission! But I got to see a lot of
missionaries I haven't seen in a while. We drove up to Lovell Tuesday
night, got picked up to go to billings, and I stayed at the assistants
apartment. The next day we went to the mission home, and I got to see
elder Campbell for a couple minutes! He's doing just great :) Then we
went through Bozeman, then to Helena. Then I rode with our zone
leaders and my soon-to-be companion to Missoula, and down to
Stevensville.

My new companion is elder KC Evans, and he's great. But for a couple
days, he was with a visa-waiter, elder Kellogg, who is now on his way
to Manchester, England! So for those couple days, I was in the other
Ward with elders Tenney and T Peterson.

Elder Evans is from Logandale, Nevada, and he's really mellow but
funny. We live above a café in some retro apartment with no air
conditioner. It's pretty awesome :)

We had a baptism Saturday! It was the first time we met Rachel, but
it all worked out. At the baptism, I felt like the Spirit was filling
the room. That just confirms to me even more how real baptism is, how
the Holy Ghost is a real being, and that the holy priesthood is held
in this church. She bore a powerful testimony Sunday. It was
amazing to see her conviction of the truth, and her desire for her
family to see and feel her joy.

So, I've already been to a funeral in the woods, biked up a huge hill
on fast Sunday, met a polygamist cop, and seen some more buffalo and
an eagle. What an amazing time and place to be serving the Lord! I can
tell this will be a great transfer!


Transfer time

No comments:

Post a Comment